If you love the chicken gnocchi soup from Olive Garden then you will love this DIY version of it! It taste just like the soup you get from Olive Garden and it makes a huge pot of soup so you can eat it for days if you want! You could definitely cut this recipe in half of you would like!
This is what you will need:
3 Tablespoons Of Butter
2 Tablespoons Of Olive Oil
3/4 Cup Of Onions Diced
1/2 Cup Of Carrots Diced
1/2 Cup Celery Diced
Salt And Pepper
1/3 Cup All Purpose Flour
4 Cups Chicken Broth
1 1/2 Cups Of Half And Half
2 Cups Of Cooked White Meat Chicken Cut Into Small Bite Sized Pieces (you can also use rotisserie chicken shredded)
1 Pound Of Potato Gnocchi (make sure it’s not the wheat kind because that doesn’t taste as good)
1 Tablespoon Of Fresh Basil Chopped (you may use dried if you prefer)
1 1/2 Cups Fresh Spinach (Remove Stems)
Parmesan Cheese For Topping
How To Make:
1. In a large pot heat the oil and butter over medium heat.
2. Add onions, carrots, celery, and garlic powder (to taste).
3. Salt and pepper to taste.
4. Cook until tender over low heat. Stirring occasionally.
5. Sprinkle flour into pot. Stir. Cook about 3 minutes. Stirring often.
6. Slowly add chicken broth 1 cup at a time.
7. Then slowly add the half and half.
8. Add in your cooked chicken.
9. Bring to a simmer and keep simmering for about 15-20 minutes.
10. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
11. In a separate pot cook your gnocchi according to the package. Drain.
12. Add them to the soup.
13. Add in the spinach.
14. Keep simmering until spinach is wilted.
15. Add in basil. Stir.
16. Plate and top with Parmesan cheese.
This is so simple and tastes amazing! Hope you all enjoy it!
As always stay beautiful!